Monday, November 8, 2010

Holy deliciousness

Lemonade isn't really a thing we do in New Zealand, but I'm going to cup day tomorrow (thats fancy fancy horse races for those of you not in the know) and it's byo. I was craving something lemony and delicious but not full of sugar like most of the rtd's out there, and seeing as I just so happened to have bought some liquid sucaryl yesterday, I figured trying to make a less calorific version of lemonade was in order :)

I'm pretty delighted with the results, the sucaryl is indistinguishable from actual sugar as far as I can tell, and I can see myself sitting out in the yard drinking this baby in a sun dress... maybe having a barbeque. Ahhhh summer - it's the best season of them all.

ANYWAY the recipe below is to make up a concentrate, which I've mixed in with some water but I'm anticipating will be equally yummy tomorrow with water + vodka... I know I know.. alcohol is calories.. I'm bad and naughty and wrong... tut tut.

2 table spoons of liquid sucaryl
1 cup of water
1 cup of lemon juice (I used meyers)

Mix the water and sucaryl in a pot and heat it up to bubbling but not quuuuite a boil. Take it off the heat and then pour your lemon juice straight into that. Straing it, and chill... bam! easy lemonade concentrate.

I think next time if I make it I'd put a little more lemon juice in because I love really tart drinks, but other than that I'm pretty happy with what I've achieved here. Feel free to tune in guys, if you have any suggestions or questions yeah?

No comments:

Post a Comment